SolidWorks - Features, Application, Working and Career Scope
Authored By: Ankita Prajapati
SolidWorks is a mature software package but does not offer complexities. It is used in various industries for designing their products and increasing productivity without lowering the cost.
It offers intuitive options and eases the learning curve of 3D design and modeling as well as keeping the overall experience consistent over a longer duration of use.
Start learning Solidworks in House of Skills.
WHAT IS SOLIDWORKS
SolidWorks is a widely used CAD software owned by Dassault Systèmes. It uses the principle of parametric design and generates three kinds of interconnected files: the part, the assembly, and the drawing. It is rich in features and enables the creation of almost any shape imaginable, its focus is on engineering design by way of geometric parametric modelling. At the initial stage, the software is used for planning, visual ideation, modelling, feasibility assessment, prototyping, and project management. Now it can be used for management, including device management, analytics, data automation, and cloud services. It is used by mechanical, electrical, and electronics engineers to form a connected design. It helps to perform 2D and 3D modelling. SolidWorks is open-source software. The software runs primarily on Microsoft Windows. It supports the following 3D file formats such as –
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Portable
- Autodesk Inventor
Increase your Exposure in Design and Manufacturing.
Join Design Central Network
- Design very precise 3D objects
- Double check file’s design
- Create images and animation of 3D object
- Reduce Errors by Checking Calculations and Interference Easily
- Built-in application
- Easy to use
- Simple graphic user interface
- Faster design iteration
- Provide design with maximum productivity
- Visual Analytics
SolidWorks have wide range of applications like –
- Assembly of parts
- Making (CAM) Programming (CNC Machining)
- Making Additive Manufacturing(AM) (3D Printing)
- Analysis of parts (CAE)
- Develop mechatronic systems from beginning to end
- Creating curvature continuous transitions
- Manufacturers of spare parts and vehicular brands
- Manufacturer’s from shoe brands to purse designers all employ SolidWorks in the development of the product as well as its manufacturing.
- SolidWorks has been used to develop devices when medical engineers are faced with a time crunch.
WHY SOLIDWORKS IS IMPORTANT
SolidWorks is the best software available now for CAD in small-scale industries and companies.
The companies using SolidWorks are :
- Northrop Grumman
- Klein Tools
- Solid Edge
The average salary of an employee who knows SolidWorks is ₹18 lakh /year.
Solid works mainly concerns with eliminating the difficulties in field of designing and manufacturing by providing easily detection of stress deflection. It is widely used by different industries nowadays and opens a lot of opportunities for the engineers.