PCB DESIGN - Features, Application, Working and Career Scope
The technology industry is constantly evolving and the future for PCBs is growing coincidently with it. Their use will increase in wearable electronics, flexible displays and medical applications. The future of PCB designer is truly very bright. There are plenty of indications from the market that show there is clearly a lot of opportunities in PCB Designing field. Modern PCBs are produced at incredible rates with astounding complexity, there is always room for development.
WHAT IS PCB DESIGN
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design software is a free and open source software suit for electronic design automation (EDA). It aids electronic engineers in designing layouts for printed circuit boards. It is most often used by engineering firms and teams that may be involved with product development. Using layout software, the PCB design process combines component placement and routeing to define electrical connectivity on a manufactured circuit board. . It uses GTK+ for its GUI widgets. It is operated in Microsoft Windows, Unix like (BDSs, Linux, Solaris). It collaborates with engineers to create 3D models of circuit board, draft plans for manufacturer and PCB design guidelines. Altium Designer is the most famous PCB design tool in the market. The process begins by converting a schematic diagram into a physical circuit board layout.
Electrical engineers and designers enjoy several benefits from using software tools for their PCB designs. The following are the most significant:
- Reduction in design complexity
- Reduction in production times and Time to Market for New Products
- Cost efficient
- Minimisation of design errors
- Lesser chances of short circuits.
- Easily repairable
- Compact size
- Save time
- Medical Devices: The healthcare sector is using growing numbers of PCBs as technologies advance, revealing new capabilities. PCBs play a role in devices used for diagnostics, monitoring, treatment and more.
- LEDs: Light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, are an increasingly popular lighting technology used for residential and commercial lighting and across numerous industries including the automotive, medical and computer technology sectors.
- Consumer Electronics: Smartphones, computers and the many other consumer products that people use daily require PCBs to function.
- Industrial Equipment: The printed circuit board uses in the industrial sector vary widely.
- Aerospace Components: The electronics used in aerospace applications have similar requirements to those used in the automotive sector
- Maritime Applications: All sorts of marine vessels and systems rely on PCBs to function.
- Safety and Security Equipment: Many aspects of security systems, whether for homes, businesses or government buildings, rely on PCBs.
- Telecommunications Equipment: PCBs are a critical part of the telecommunications industry.
- Military and Defence Applications: The military uses PCBs for a wide range of applications, including communications equipment, computers, vehicles, firearms and more.
WHY PCB IS IMPORTANT
The companies using PCB Design in India are:
- 3D Printers & IOT Solutions
- Absolute Advance Automation
- Acme Inspire Automation
- Anand Industrial Enterprises Ltd.
- Associated Electronics Research Foundation
- Avanture Technologies
- Avalon Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
The average salary of PCB designer in India is 18.7 lakh /year
Consumer electronics, medical instruments and surveillance technology have all seen the need for PCB in their development. Without PCBs, the world wouldn’t have access to home computers, teleconferences, smartphones and a plethora of devices hooking up to the Internet of Things (IoT).