Fusion 360- Features, Application, Working and Career Scope
Fusion 360 is a major generational change in CAD. It represents Autodesk’s best thinking on what the future of CAD is going to look like. It is a next-generation design tool that will continue to have a huge impact on the community. Start learning Fusion 360 in House of Skills.
WHAT IS Fusion 360
It is an excellent tool for the precise modelling of 2D and 3D objects. It is a cloud-based CAD/CAM tool by industry giant Autodesk. It enables exploration and iteration on product ideas and collaboration within distributed product development team. It combines organic shapes modelling, mechanical design and manufacturing. It is available on a number of platforms including Windows, Mac & In-Browser. It creates 3D designs, collaborate, manage data, create toolpaths, run simulation to validate your designs, and much more.
- Parametric Modelling
- Program tool paths for CNC machines
- 3D Rendering
- Export STL models for the 3D Printer
Increase your Exposure in Design and Manufacturing.
Join Design Central Network
- Free for non-commercial use
- Great for hobbyists, 3d printing, non-commercial projects.
- There is a free version for Fusion 360 used for students, start-ups and teachers
- Industry standard precision modelling tools
- Parametric design features for producing multiple variants of similar designs
- The workflow is extremely easy to learn. You can start designing in minutes.
- It has the functionality to save all of the files online
- The software is really good at helping even the least experienced designers
- Analysis of movement of objects that interact with them
- opens the door to mainstream additive manufacturing capabilities
- Precise modeling of 2D and 3D object
- Animate designs
- Prepare models for CNC machining
- Simulate loads
- Product design and manufacturing
- Drawing- improvements powered by sketch tools as well as line-weight control
- Electronic Design
WHY IT IS IMPORTANT
Companies using Fusion 360 are –
- Lucid Motors
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance
- Cardone Industries
Salary of an employee who knows Fusion 360 is ₹62k/year.
Fusion 360 to be the most intuitive and intelligent all-in-one solution for product development needs, carrying ideas from concept through manufacturing.