ETAP- Features, Application, Working and Career Scope
Over 10,000 companies, Government Agencies, Educational institutions and many others use ETAP software. ETAP is a software which provides a platform to electrical design engineer to model a power system staring from source to load.
WHAT IS ETAP
Electrical Transient Analyzer Program or ETAP is an electrical network modelling and simulation software, developed by Operation Technology Inc.(OTI). It is the most comprehensive platform for automation of generation, distribution and industrial power systems. It is completely localized in four languages with translated output reports in six languages. It is used by power systems engineers to create an “electrical digital twin” and analyze electrical power system dynamics, transients and protection. ETAP was developed for utilization on MS-DOS operating system and intended for commercial and nuclear power system analysis. It has very vast capabilities such as Load flow analysis, Arc flash, Protection co-ordination studies, cable pulling, cable ampacity study and much more. This tool is the most demanded software package for power system design engineer.
- Excellent facility for the design of electrical systems, since it has multiple options and configuration.
- Truly intuitive, it is easy to adapt to the user interface, so the learning curve is very fast.
- It offers a wide variety of electrical studies that can be carried out, therefore it is very versatile for multiple applications
- Short circuit study.
- Load flow study.
- Transformer sizing.
- Motor stability.
- Arc flash study.
- Cable scheduling.
- Solar system analysis and so many other studies too
- Power system design for ANSI and IEC networks
- Monitoring and feeder analysis
- Study of DC network
- Diesel power plant analysis
- Combined cycle power plant analysis
- AC/DC hybrid system simulation
- Wind turbine design and analysis
- Harmonics in railway power systems
- Rural distribution system analysis
- Distributed generation protection
- Wind and PV penetration studies
- Microgrid power system design
WHY ETAP IS IMPORTANT
The companies using ETAP are :
- Power Engineers
- CS Energy
- General Electric
- Schneider Electric
The average salary of an employee who knows ETAP is ₹19.9lakhs.
ETAP offers an integrated Electrical Digital Twin platform enriched with intelligent solutions. Industries nowadays are in pursuit of candidates having skills in Power system simulation packages. Having the knowledge to simulate power systems in ETAP can help students to procure positions in the power sector.