Job Role: Engineering Manager - Devops
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Years of Experience: Above 9 Years
We are seeking a hands-on Manager who has end-to-end experience managing distributed applications. You are responsible for the availability, security, and reliability of many key applications. Must have the ability to work with Architecture governance, DevOps, and Engineering teams to set up the CICD pipeline. Must be hands-on to implement the changes to the pipeline and operationally manage the same.
You will have a significant opportunity to influence and shape our platform and infrastructure strategy as we work on the next generation of our architecture, platform, and processes.
- Experience 9+ years of experience.
- A Bachelor’ or Master’s degree in computer science engineering or related.
- Developing, running, and/or consuming cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and related tooling: Terraform, configuration management, etc.
- Programming (Python and Bash are our preferred scripting/shell languages) and automation skills.
- Troubleshooting and system engineering exposure in Linux production environments.
- Experience with Linux, Internet Protocols, and Large-Scale Operations.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling: Jenkins, Spinnaker, GitLab runners, GCP DevOps, etc.
- Ability to oversee and mentor junior software developers, as well as report to management.
- Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics.
- Great communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.